Spasms of free thought

"It's the place where something's happening...though you may or may not be willing to watch it."

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mini-script # 2


This is part 2 of my series of original mini-scripts written for the 2007 Voice acting competition at the Anime Evolution Con. Since actually, I haven't done much voice-acting, but every once in a while I still think about it, though my main concern is in writing for screen, stage and digital media. 
Enjoy!

Voice-over idol script #1
For Anime Evolution 2007
"Dattebayo vs. Believe it!"
(An original script from one of Naruto's many inspirational speeches from the titular manga/anime series)
Original creator: Masashi Kishimoto
(Naruto lost his English to Japanese dictionary, but Sakura helps him to translate a word that we can all understand from the blonde ninja...)
Sakura: "Naruto, it's not that hard to say, you know. Just two simple words that even you would say. And besides, you had no problem saying that other catch phrase back in Japan, so what would be the trouble of saying the same here? You just say it at the end of your sentences, or whenever you finish a speech, like usual...it's not that difficult as you keep whining it is! Besides, if I can say "cha" you can say your catch phrase too! Now, let's hear it! Or else I won't spoon feed you Ramen!"
Naruto: "Nani? Aww, Sakuraaaa-chaan!" (Pouts and rolls eyes before crossing arms and taking a deep breath) Fine..."Datteba-Ow!" (Gets smacked upside the head by Sakura) "Oi...do I have to say it? It totally doesn't sound like meee!! Besides I'll still be liked if I say it in Japanese than English!" (Gets death glared by Sakura and is about to get pummeled) "Uh...Alright, alright! Believe it, believe it, believe it!!! I'm totally caving in with my new catch phrase, believe it!!!"
(This is an original script created by the likes of a very kooky girl. I have no means to offend anyone, not Viz media, not Maile Flanagan, not Kate Higgins, not anyone who is involved with the English production of Naruto. I just feel that Naruto's English catch phrase needs to be noted on because it has its own quirkiness to it, that's all. This isn't to be read outloud.)


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home