Spasms of free thought

"It's the place where something's happening...though you may or may not be willing to watch it."

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Return to the Beginning, A manifesto

Hello there, all of you in the cyberspace.

How goes it? Goes it well? Good. Anyway, I'm here to announce that "Spasms of free thought" is undergoing an overhaul...into the old-fashioned writing outlet it was originally created for. Though I am still hard at work in my other projects, I am first and foremost before all, a writer. I dabble in poetry, scriptwriting and general fiction pieces. I intend to make a career out of it. I'd like to tackle whatever subjects are meaningful to me and catch my interest at the time.

After all, there is no time like the Present.

So with that having been said, I shall be posting regular posts with my writings once again and you are free to comment or even browse. But regardless, the tracker counts just how many times someone's been here, so even if you've not commented, I can still take a wild guess that someone else had the gall to browse every once in a while other than me. :P

...Now, onward and enough with the prologue!

Update: As always, my contribution to the Online poetry magazine "Young Poets" has surfaced once again with a flurry of new entries, including my own. The subject of this entry was to write Ekphrastic poetry, where you wrote a poem on a piece of art. Today I will post both my muse and the poem itself, in its original, un-betaed, unedited form.

To see the current and final version, go to www.youngpoets.ca/ezine, looking under Suzanne Helen James.

On Friday, I will post the other poem that preceded it, and also tell you of the new blog dedicated to the promotion of the society's workers in Arts and Entertainment.

Enjoy and again, comment.



-->


The maid and the mystery painting
A free verse by Suzanne Helen James

One afternoon while cleaning my master’s attic,
I stumbled upon a hidden painting.
Mesmerized, I grabbed it and wiped the dust away.
“Oh my, oh my!” I exclaimed,
“What an adorable picture!”
But who was the child on the canvas, you ask?

His dual locks of brown and blond parted apart so perfectly,
They radiated of divine beauty!
Who would have guessed how his hair changed so much later on!
And then I stared at the eyes...oh what a striking pair of eyes!
They say that a picture is worth a thousand words?
Well the eyes in this one could pen shelves upon shelves of novels!
But these days, these same eyes reflect everything but happiness.

After following the rosy cheeks and the pert nose,
I came upon the godly smile that shined through the whole portrait!
It was so simple, so innocent, so carefree...
If I were to see such a smile again today, it would be nothing short of a miracle!

“Why is that?” I asked myself,
“What has possessed such a beautiful, delightful child...
And transformed him into a grumpy, sour, wild-haired man?!”

I had to know the identity of the man on the canvas!
I had to confirm my suspicions!
After weeks of arduous research,
The results came to fruition.
Though the resemblance is unbelievable, it cannot be denied.

What if I were to tell you...
The cute little boy with honeyed hair,
Incredible dark brown eyes,
The smile of an angel...

Grew up to be the same man who shouted madly when his piano wasn’t perfectly cleaned?
The man who played for many courts of Kings and Queens of the world?
The man who left hundreds of sheet music lying on the floor every night?

What if I were to tell you that the boy was going to be one of the most reknowned
composers of our age?
What if I were to tell you that the little boy was going to be our one, our only, our master Ludwig van
Beethoven?!

However, I do ask to keep this secret between us, dear.
For as tempting as telling the secret is,
You must think about the fact that no one would ever believe us if we were to tell it!

So with that concludes Today's entry. To see the picture in question, copy and paste this link:
http://www.all-about-beethoven.com/poze/bet1.jpg
See you on the flipside,

Suzanne Helen James.

09/11/10.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home