Spasms of free thought

"It's the place where something's happening...though you may or may not be willing to watch it."

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

For the 4th post...a poem

Alrighty...hey there y'all in cyberspace. Uhm, if we wanna keep ourselves on the subject of this wonderful blog, I'm feeling pretty quiet bout that today...so I'll just post my poem. You'll read it if you'd like and that'll be that. Feel free to comment as needed, and...I will you see you all (hopefully hear from you too) soon.

This poem was a part of the portfolio I submitted in Creative Writing 12 last year. I picked it because it deserves to be seen and it's not one I picked too often. Most times, I'm showing poems that are already known here and there through many newspaper publications...which is why I included some of them in the portfolio. This one has meaning to my heart and it rings true to a certain situation right now.

It's Untitled, but...if you had to give it a name, what would you give it?

Enjoy.


Untitled

"I said I didn’t see you; I had told lies
But I think you knew I had said otherwise.
Another day passes
As we walk through the masses.

In reflex I turn my head,
But already your figure walks far ahead.
As I curse my miss,
I release a bitter hiss.

I reluctantly shrug,
And now I’m wishing for a hug.
Another day passes
As we walk through to our classes.

You and I don’t talk,
We avoid each other wherever we walk.
But next time I see you in my sight,
I’ll break that barrier with all my might.

If you and I exchange a glance,
Will you try what we had once had and give it one more chance?"



((So yeah, that's all for today. Short and sweet. Hikaru-chan will then drop by for a hello, a tech session and we will resume ourselves on another day.


By the way, if it's not obvious ENOUGH, Hikaru and I are NOT the same person. If any of you thought otherwise, then you are seriously not paying attention to how we write our posts. I'm even bothering to make us sound seperate to prove that point.))

Until next time.


See you on the flipside.



Suzanne Helen James.


11.24.09.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karol P. said...

lol XD You would be quite weird if you had double personality and made comments for yourself XD lol

+) Liked your poem =)
Very cute, and if I didn't know you, I wouldn't have gotten its meaning =)

November 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger the staffingal said...

you are so talented.

April 1, 2010 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home