Spasms of free thought

"It's the place where something's happening...though you may or may not be willing to watch it."

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dramatic Monolgue: Callisto's Last Stand (part of the Gaiaverse)


Dramatic Monologue

Callisto's last stand

It was cruel what you did,
You made it seem like a deliberate provocation

Now I'm here, stepping on your edge of the world
Clad in armor yet naked in mind and soul.

The world you own crumbles to your feet
Just as it would if it signals destruction

I am the chosen One
I am the warrior of destiny.

You are the daughter of the emperor
He who rises from the Ashes

You challenge me to save the Earth
You've even spilled much blood.

You've recuited those dear to you,
And reluctantly they've been dealt with.

As my comrades and I approach your kingdom,
My heart pounds.

My heart weeps,
the human in me trembles.

I must do what is my duty...
And shed the memories of the human in you.

Though difficult, I can't lie
Not now, when everything is at stake.

I still see the look in your eyes
When you were taken away by your Father.

Your lifeless, sad and deadly gaze haunts me the most,
Surpassing even the faces of the innocents I had slain.

I am the warrior of light and I must stop you.

I can't forget that the human in you is no more.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home